TYPE OF POST
To form a panel from which relevant vacancies may be filled during the lifetime of the panel.
You may save a draft while completing your application. Your draft will be available to edit and submit at any time before the deadline.
- After submitting your completed application, please be sure to check your 'Spam/Junk' mail for an acknowledgement email and for any future correspondence relating to your application which may be sent to you via Submit.com.
- When you receive a signature verification email, please click on the link or copy and paste the link unto a browser to verify your signature.
Please be advised applications cannot be received/considered after the deadline outlined.
For further information in relation to this post, please refer to the Recruitment Guidance Booklet by clicking this LINK.
- FAILURE TO UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS I.E. QUALIFICATIONS, I.D. ETC., AT SUBMISSION STAGE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESULT IN AN INVALID APPLICATION.
- APPLICANTS SHOULD SATISFY THEMSELVES THAT THEIR EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION.
- APPLICANTS WITH NON-IRISH QUALIFICATIONS CAN AVAIL OF THE ON-LINE RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS SERVICE PROVIDED BY QUALITY AND QUALIFICATIONS IRELAND (QQI)
- AND MUST SUBMIT PROOF OF SAME WITH THEIR APPLICATIONS.
- FAILURE TO FULLY COMPLETE EACH QUESTION ON THE APPLICATION FORM MAY DEEM YOUR APPLICATION INVALID (ANSWERS WHICH REDIRECT TO OTHER RESPONSES ARE NOT PERMITTED).
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms:
(i) (a) Possess the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
(b) Possess the Diploma in Social Care awarded by Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI)
(c) Possess the Diploma in Applied Social Studies/Social Care QQI
(d) Possess a BA (Ord) in Social Care Practice (minimum Level 7 on the QQI framework)
(e) Possess an equivalent qualification in a related field
(ii) Minimum of 2 years experience working in the area of homeless service provision or similar type service
(iii) Possess a full clean driver’s licence
(iv) Have excellent report writing and organisational skills
(v) Possess good interpersonal, teamwork skills and demonstrate initiative.
(vi) Possess a good knowledge of services within the homeless sector
(vii) Possess proficient administration and computer skills
Kilkenny County Council can for any position they advertise, include Desirable Requirements. Desirable Requirements are those that would be beneficial to optimising job performance. Desirable Requirements can be used if necessary to reduce numbers called for interview.
It is desirable that each candidate shall:
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills, and be capable of representing Kilkenny County Council in a professional and credible manner with all stakeholders;
- Be capable of conducting assessments of need in sensitive and professional manner;
- Have the capacity to support people experiencing homelessness to make informed decisions;
- Possess an understanding of homelessness and how to respond effectively.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and competency regarding social housing options and an understanding of how to prevent, divert or progress from homelessness;
- Have the ability to identify and liaise with other service providers to prevent homelessness or minimise time spent in emergency accommodation;
- Be able to ensure policies, procedures and quality standards are adhered to and maintained, in particular those that support safe services;
- Demonstrate relevant experience of working effectively with customers;
- Possess an understanding of equality practices and public sector duty;
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in the delivery of key operational objectives;
- Have an understanding of the representational role of elected members and of government structure as well as the important roles of charities and voluntary groups involved in the area of homelessness;
- Be self- motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative;
- Be willing to work flexibly, some evening work may be required;
- Have proven management report writing, numeric and IT skills;
- Have very good time management and organisational skills;
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations, their implications for the organisation and the employee, and their application in the workplace.