TYPE OF POST
To form a panel from which relevant vacancies may be filled.
You may save a draft while completing your application. Your draft will be available to edit and submit at any time before the deadline.
- After submitting your completed application, please be sure to check your 'Spam/Junk' mail for an acknowledgement email and any future correspondence relating to your application which may be sent to you via Submit.com.
- When you receive a signature verification email, please click on the link or copy and paste the link unto a browser to verify your signature.
For further information in relation to this post, please refer to the Recruitment Guidance Booklet by clicking this LINK
Each candidate must be of good character.
Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Education, Training, Experience etc.
PLEASE NOTE FAILURE TO UPLOAD ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS I.E. QUALIFICATIONS, I.D. ETC., AT SUBMISSION STAGE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESULT IN AN INVALID APPLICATION.
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms for the office:
(a) Hold, in the National Framework of Qualifications:
- A degree at Level 8 in engineering, architecture, or other building construction related discipline, or
- A professional qualification equivalent to one of the foregoing awarded by the relevant professional body, or
- A degree at Level 8 in a science or technology related discipline including, physics, chemistry, environmental or computer science, information communications technology; or a fire related discipline including fire safety, emergency management or emergency services, or
- A degree at Level 8 together with a Level 9 qualification in a fire related discipline including fire safety, emergency management or emergency services.
(b) Have a satisfactory knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Principles and practices of fire safety.
- Fire service operations.
- Major emergency management.
- Building design and construction.
- Technological and industrial processes.
- Telecommunications and information technology.
(c) Have at least five years’ satisfactory relevant experience, including adequate experience in some or all of the areas specified at (b) above.
(d) Have a high standard of training and competency in some or all of the areas specified in (b) above, including:
- Fire-fighting and emergency operations techniques and tactical and strategic command of fire service operations;
- On-site and off-site co-ordination at fires and major incidents/ major emergencies;
- Building design and management for fire safety.
(e) Be competent to perform efficiently the duties of the office and possess the appropriate qualities.